Can't Run Anbox

Successfully Installed Anbox but the error I am facing is that Anbox doesn't open using application launcher and when launched using terminal with command

anbox session-manager

I get the following Error -:

[ 2019-09-06 15:15:25] [client.cpp:49@start] Failed to start container: Failed to start container: Failed to start container

[ 2019-09-06 15:15:25] [session_manager.cpp:148@operator()] Lost connection to container manager, terminating.

[ 2019-09-06 15:15:25] [daemon.cpp:61@Run] Container is not running

[ 2019-09-06 15:15:25] [session_manager.cpp:148@operator()] Lost connection to container manager, terminating.

I have performed all the steps in this Guide and installed anbox-image-gapps using the method on AUR page

Any sort of help is appreciated :blush::blush:

I recall several topics on the subject

https://forum.manjaro.org/search?q=anbox

I looked up almost all the threads with only one thread with a problem same as me but he/she didn't get the solution.

I'm currently looking up for a solution on compatibility in arch linux, using docker. It's not a new concept, but it stills gives me hope that this is the right step on the right direction...

The way it works is a bit complicated to explain on few words, but the main idea is that, as long as two O.S's share the same kernel (basicaly the whole linux desktop ecosystem), docker makes possible that they can run at the same time, with much, much less resources compared to a V.M.

We already have a ubuntu image available for docker, so with some tweaks, we can set it for launching anbox task, inside ubuntu image, inside docker, inside manjaro.

So till you find a solution is there a way to run android apps natively on Manjaro....? Currently I am using Genymotion but it's very Laggy and Resource Intensive

To run android on arch outside a vm, unfortunately, no. I looked up for many topics here about it, and ppl is saying anbox devs are developing on a slow rate. Till there, we have to be patient.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark