Can't reinstall video-modesetting : Error: config 'video-modesetting' is not installed"

Amd a6-7480 radeon r5, it has integrated graphics.

so in the grub menu press ‘E’ and add these parameters to the kernel line, and pay attention if you write them correctly:

radeon.si_support=0 radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.si_support=1 amdgpu.cik_support=1

then press f10 to boot with them

Unfortunately it didn’t worked… I have tried this one before but i just tried again, and nothing different happens. The instructions i saw before, said the code should be placed in the same place that “nomodeset” should go, is that right ? If so, then unfortunately it didn’t fixed the black screen =/ Dam

just to be sure, this is where you add the boot parameters:

do you run in efi mode?
if yes disable efi in bios and boot ventoy in bios mode and try…
if it doesnt work, try adding the nomodeset parameter again;
if it doesnt work try adding this parameter:
amdgpu.dc=0

1 Like

IT WORKED !
I ran both in “UEFI” and “legacy and UEFI” modes the following :

radeon.si_support=0 radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.si_support=1 amdgpu.cik_support=1
nomodeset

Both were placed right after Driver=nonfree in the printscreen of your post, like : Driver=nonfree nomodeset

For every test so far, including these i just tried :

• If the grub is different of nomodeset :

• Manjaro will load until “Target sound Card” appears, then it will go black
  • If the grub has nomodeset:

• It will load until Gnome dislpay mannager, and then a black screen with a blinking underline will appear, and i will be able to enter TTY.

But placing amdgpu.dc=0 after Driver=nonfree solved. The system successfully. Now i’ll finally install Manjaro. Thanks!
But why do you think this happened ?

glad it worked …
you will have to add this parameter into your installation also, otherwise you will probably not be able to boot it …
you add it in:
etc/default/grub and in this line: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT inside the quotes you add the parameter:
amdgpu.dc=0
dont remove anything from there, just add it to existing parameters, then save the file, update grub with:
sudo update-grub
reboot

check this link:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.