Can't log in to Manjaro KDE when computer is locked

Hi, I have installed Manjaro KDE on a 11 inch dell inspiron 3168 with a 2.56g pentium n3710. The kernel is 5.10.26-1. When I lock my pc (EG. Closing the lid for 5min and coming back), it sends me a login page. I have no password, so when I press enter it says unlocking failed and I am forced to shut down the pc and log back in that way. What can I do to fix this? I have no root or user password, so I don’t know what I am doing wrong. I can set a password but the user requested no password as it is a shared computer. Thanks for any help.

The above is not recommended…

Edit: you can create two separate users with different passwords and different login sessions, which is recommended.

You could create a temporary pwd for this user and he/she can change it afterwards

However, root pwd for administrating a system is a must

Enabling the ‘Log in again immediately after logging off’ option in Login Screen > Behaviour may produce the behaviour you want.

1 Like

I know, but user requested no password (They might add one when I am finished with it). Should I temporarily add a password?

Fixed: Had to set user and root password. Thanks for all of the support!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.