Can't log in into KDE after logging out. (I cannot log in twice)

Wow, now it works. Why? When I changed theme to default breeze it works, even though now it is taking more time to end the session (black screen with cursor, even on shutdown/reboot). Do you think it is because I cleared the cache? And can you explain why it is working with the breath2 theme? Thank you btw

1 Like

Weil ich ein Genie bin! :joy:
Because there are lots of themes out there that are abandonware and cause problems on more recent versions of Plasma. :man_shrugging:

Yes, have a look here and search for TypeError, then do the same for the Breath2 theme…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks for this, I was having the same issue (as I believe many others are, judging by the similar topics on the forum presently) and this (I believe!) fixed it.

Is there a way to clear the cache using the TTY (I cannot get to Plasma)? Note, I have tried:

$ rm .Xauthority

(typing from memory, since I cannot cut and paste).

If you cannot log in at all, please open a new topic and provide more information. This topic is only about not being able to login twice…

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.