Can't install widgets after uninstalling Events Calendar from Latte Dock

This started after I removed Events Calendar, as it was crashing Latte Dock when I clicked on its clock. I removed it from Latte Dock and from the Widgets UI as well.

Now I’m unable to install new widgets from the desktop (right click menu) or from Latte Dock (Add Widgets…) When I click either of these, I expect to see a slide out menu come in from the left side of the screen with all available widgets but, I get nothing.

Any ideas?

lattedock 0.9.11
plasmashell 5.19.5
Qt: 5.15.1
KDE Frameworks: 5.74.0
kf5-config: 1.0

1 Like

I was running a fairly old version of the Events Calendar. There was a note about a bug in versions below v69, which was triggered by the recent Qt 5.15.1 update:

Note: v69 is required for Arch/OpenSuse! v68 and below crash in Arch after the Qt 5.15.1 update.
Black Screen on Login / Crash on Arch/Manjaro (Qt 5.15.1) (EventCalendar v68 and below) · Issue #154 · Zren/plasma-applet-eventcalendar · GitHub

Source

I used the commands from the link below to know that I was running a much older version of Event Calendar (v63), and that it was still in place, even though I thought it had been uninstalled:

grep Version ~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.eventcalendar/metadata.desktop /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.eventcalendar/metadata.desktop

Source

So I removed the following folder:

~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.eventcalendar

I was then able to reinstall Event Calendar v69. It seems to be working fine again and Latte Dock isn’t crashing any more.

I installed using AUR instead of using the Plasma Widget installer, this in the hopes it will stay updated:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plasma5-applets-eventcalendar

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.