Can't install Screenfetch anymore

Hey again,

I’m typing “sudo pacman -S screenfetch” in the terminal on a very recent clean install of Manjaro, and it’s giving me these lines:

warning: database file for ‘core’ does not exist
warning: database file for ‘extra’ does not exist
warning: database file for ‘community’ does not exist
warning: database file for ‘multilib’ does not exist
error: target not found: screenfetch

Every tutorial I see is telling me to type that command, and I can’t find anything on a new way of installing, etc. Anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks!

Looks like you should get a good mirror and sync with it

sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyu 
sudo pacman -S screenfetch

please sync your database

sudo pacman -Syy does the trick

@cscs Haha, took me a second or two, but nice image. :slight_smile:

Thanks to both of you for the lightning-quick replies. This fixed my problem in an instant.

Oh, and Should I use -Syyu in general for a full upgrade? Years ago someone told me -Syuu was the one to use normally. Which is the same as just updating all packages shown in the Octopi GUI?

Use -Syyu normally

Better use double yy for fully synchronize the pacman database and 1 u for updates, double u also downgrade packages if anyone is more recent on your computer then in database

Once you have your mirrors set to something that works (check out repo.manjaro.org) you shouldnt have issues. I always use ‘Syyu’ to make sure everything is synced. This can be a bit hard on those with wanting connections as it has to refresh the whole database - so you might see ‘Syu’ from time to time… As Lolix pointed out, ‘Syuu’ will upgrade, as well as downgrade packages - so is not necessary, and only recommended when a specific change requires roll-back (this should rarely, if ever, happen).
If you are using a graphical frontend like Octopi, you can achieve the ‘yy’ by using the ‘Sync database’ action found under “File”.