Can't install pi-hole

I want to install pi-hole for ad blocking but I ran into the ‘OS distribution not supported’ error in setup. I saw a few solution suggestions for skipping the OS check process in their forum and tried them but I still have the same issue. Has anyone had this situation and knows how to solve it?
here is the output:
[sudo] password for verbayer:

[✓] Root user check

.;;,.
    .ccccc:,.
     :cccclll:.      ..,,
      :ccccclll.   ;ooodc
       'ccll:;ll .oooodc
         .;cll.;;looo:.
             .. ','.
            .',,,,,,'.
          .',,,,,,,,,,.
        .',,,,,,,,,,,,....
      ....''',,,,,,,'.......
    .........  ....  .........
    ..........      ..........
    ..........      ..........
    .........  ....  .........
      ........,,,,,,,'......
        ....',,,,,,,,,,,,.
           .',,,,,,,,,'.
            .',,,,,,'.
              ..'''.

[✗] OS distribution not supported

1 Like

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pi-hole

1 Like

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (I just want to avoid even more subjective opinions being posted and confusing you even more)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please mark a solution like this:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

I looked there first but I did not understand much as I am not an experienced user. Is there a simpler solution to this issue except changing the distribution? Because I really like Manjaro & Arch Linux but I don’t have enough experience or knowledge to do this, also I don’t want to change the distribution for only one app.

The other solutions are:

• run it on another piece of hardware
  • Forget about it for now until you become more proficient and will be able to follow an Arch Article.

Please read this in the meantime:

:wink:

1 Like

Actually I did many things with Arch by following the Arch Wiki, but this time I got confused. But thanks for the advice and for the article you gave below.

1 Like

maybe I can try that on another pc with a wsl distribution which supports the app.

1 Like

If you have a raspberry-pi you can also create your pi-hole on it, this way you can also use it on many other devices, even remotely :wink: if you let the raspberry-pi always turned on with a remote access opened.

1 Like

Yeah, that is a choice too. But I’d prefer to have the pi-hole in my pc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.