Getting Minion.gg to run in Manjaro-Cinnamon

I recently switched to Manjaro. I’ve tried almost all of the DE’s and I found that I like Gnome and Cinnamon the best. I’m on Manjaro-Gnome currently but wish to switch to Cinnamon. Problem is, a program I use - called Miniongg in the AUR - that allows me to update addons for Elderscrolls Online won’t load in Cinnamon but will in Gnome. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Is there a special package I need to download as it is a java based app?

Edit: Found out that the program needs Java8 to work. Downloaded that and works like a charm. If anyone else has the problem I did, that should fix it.

Regards! :slight_smile:

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:
:+1: Thank you for sharing! :+1:

However, could you do me a favour and:

• edit your question by pressing the 3 dots and the pencil icon
  • make it into a real question
  • cut and paste the solution into a reply to your own question
  • click the 3 dots below your own answer to mark a solution like this:
    Solution
    so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

:crossed_fingers:

P.S. It doesn’t happen very often that someone’s first question on the forum is also a solution, therefore:

@moderators I would like to award Tibbetts the “New user of the month” badge, but can’t find how to do that. Can someone else award this badge and tell me how to do that myself in the future?