Opening firefox causes insane desktop file warning spam in journal

When opening firefox I get over two thousand lines of log spam of the following within 4-5 minutes:

marras 16 13:06:47 manjaro ksmserver[1387]: kf.service.services: The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/org.freedesktop.Xwayland.desktop" has Type= "Application" but has no Exec field.
marras 16 13:06:47 manjaro ksmserver[1387]: kf.service.services: The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/qemu.desktop" has Type= "Application" but has no Exec field.

A week-ish ago I managed to get rid of the spam by deleting both of the .desktop files but now that qemu updated itself and reinstalled the qemu.desktop i’m getting the spam again. I’m not sure where to report this, is this a firefox error, qemu and xwayland error or did something change in KDE thats now causing this warning? The oldest logs I have with these warnings are from 16.11.2023

$ pacman -Qo /usr/share/applications/org.freedesktop.Xwayland.desktop
/usr/share/applications/org.freedesktop.Xwayland.desktop is owned by xorg-xwayland 23.2.2-1

$ pacman -Qo /usr/share/applications/qemu.desktop
/usr/share/applications/qemu.desktop is owned by qemu-common 8.1.3-1

$ cat /usr/share/applications/qemu.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=QEMU
Icon=qemu
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Keywords=Emulators;Virtualization;KVM;
NoDisplay=true
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.