Can't ever get the install to boot after fresh install

check if your system has uefi or bios. On uefi machines, you need to disable secure boot thingy.
Next comes your boot device. Check bios/uefi settings to make sure you are booting your ssd first.
Then comes the installation which is basically copy-paste of a bunch of files. No problems there.

Finally, the grub You need to choose the correct device for your grub. Run lsblk to check device name for your SSD. Should anything go wrong on the installer’s part, do refer to the link and grub-install manually.
Since you are choosing i3-edition, I’m assuming you have fair share of comfort in command line troubleshooting. I’m keeping it short. Let us know if you need more.
With all done and dusted, that leaves your hardware. If live-media boots fine, so should your installed system in theory.

Follow this thread to share your system info with us

Even though the admins are right about posting the full info, This has happened to me many times… This usually happens when the MBR gets jumbled up, due to frequent OS installs/formats

Try this sure shot solution…

After You have installed Manjaro or any Linux distro from the Live medium (CD/USB), don’t immediately restart…

Suppose you have installed your /root on sdb1… Do this in a terminal as root:

sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt; sudo grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/ /dev/sdb; sudo update-grub;

Where sdb1 is the root partition and sdb is the HDD to which you have written the BOOTLOADER…

Restart the PC…