Can't enter d letter in terminal

I am using manjaro KDE and I've noticed that in both 'Konsole terminal' and 'tilix'
that I can't enter letter 'd' in su mode as root but it works fine when I exit su,
also iam working with mariadb, i face the same problem i can't enter letter d lowercase, can't write 'databases' it becomes 'atabases'
only lowercase d doesn't show in the terminal but uppercase D appears
did anyone face this problem or have a solution for it because it's very annoying

No.

~ >>> su                                                                                                                            
Passwort: 
[mx sgs]# d

so what causing this problem?
its not working in Konsole either tilix and with zsh

please open a terminal and start the programm 'showkey -a'. type in the letter 'd' and check if it is responding. this program is used to check keyboard inputs.

yes its responding
d 100 0144 0x64

okay the keyboard is fine. now open a terminal, change to root by 'su' and test it again.

still the same problem,
but the cursor stop blinking when i press d but nothing shows up

Wow this is curious but now we know that the keyboard setting does not work if you're changing to root. there is something wrong in the configuration and to be honest i don't know what. Let's check something more. again you open the terminal as ordinary user and check 'localectl status'. this checks your settings. post it and then again you open another terminal, log in as root with 'su' and recheck the locale settings with 'localectl status'.

sorry for the mistake

they're the same
System Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8
VC Keymap: us
X11 Layout: us
X11 Model: pc105
su
System Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8
VC Keymap: us
X11 Layout: us
X11 Model: pc105

is it normal in su when pressing CTRL + s
all letters don't show up
and with CTRL + z they show up again

i don't think so.
maybe ia'm a little paranoia but is it possible that you open a terminal, log in wit 'su' change the password of root with 'passwd root' to a different one and then reboot ?

then should i reinstall the distro or wait for a solution
look like iam the only one facing this problem

passwd with letter d, it doesn't appear if i copy it
:disappointed:

To be honest Magdy, this is very curious. Do you have a fresh install and it would not bother you to do a reinstall ? If so i would recommend that you are downloading a actual version, don't use that you have downloaded. I've got no glue but this version you installed is obvious broken for whatever reason.

p.s.: if i would be in the same trouble i would reinstall it, but download the actual version and leave the existing installation-ISO to trash.

SOLVED!!
its sounds really weird
i had doubt that the problem maybe in file /etc/inputrc
because i've disabled beep sound "PC speaker" and added this line "set bell-style none"
to file /etc/inputrc
i've removed it now and relaunched terminal login with su and letter d show up

tab-completion.

# do not bell on tab-completion
#set bell-style none

I mark it solved :slight_smile:

But some bug in code somewhere.

Using modprobe.d method in Arch wiki with no issues here.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PC_speaker#Disable_PC_Speaker

Forum kindly sponsored by