Why isn’t all software always the very latest version?
There are a couple of elements to this question.
Software which has just been released by the upstream project needs time to be packaged and built, so there will always be some time before it becomes available in a packaged format. If a package has patches, then more time will be needed to check whether the patches are still needed and, if so, re-written to apply against the new version. Compiling software from its source code can take a…
p4rtypi5:
I watched a few tutorials, and I runned sudo tar -xf /home/p4rtypi5/Descargas/Python-3.11.0.tar.xz, but I don’t think it actually did something, and if it did, I don’t really know what was it.
This extracted the archive in your download folder.
But you did so as a superuser instead of your regular user; that was unneeded. Because of that, you now need superuser privileges to remove it.