I change distribution and I don't know to recovery manjaro again

He is having a problem with the audio of manjaro and a user of a public page as the solution to that, and when I could in the terminal it asked me to do it in his and I could then he asked me to restart it and then the XFCE distribution appeared from the mouse, I don’t know what to do to recover my manjaro, my manajro applications remained but the files and music and documents, etc, I delete it; When I restart it and it asks for the password, the manajro interface appears but once I enter XFCE.
help them please.

If you could have someone help to write a proper thread that would help, I can’t understand anything you tried to explain.

1 Like

I sorry
That I put this in the terminal

1.rm -rf ~ / .config / pulse
2.rm -rf / etc / pulse /
3.Plug the usb headset into the laptop
4.pacman -S pulseaudio pavucontrol
5. Add “load-module module-loopback latency_msec = 1” in /etc/pulse/default.pa
6 reboot
6.pavucontrol

And my distribution changed from manajro XFCE to the xfce distribution

If you truly wrote that, exactly like you wrote it here, then it looks like you deleted the contents of your $HOME directory
But I’m not 100% sure.

If you wrote it like this:
rm -rf ~/.config/pulse
you just deleted ~/.config/pulse
which is probably what you wanted to do.

It does matter where you put spaces in between the characters when you write commands …

and again - if you wrote it like that
you attempted to delete your whole system -
but this would not have succeed when you did it as a user (without sudo).
So, that is all still there.

It is really not clear what you did.

This command will most certainly remove the contents of your home folder

rm -rf ~

Everything is gone - restore from backup is the only option for content like music, documents, pictures etc.

To restore the default Manjaro theming you can copy the contents from /etc/skel to your home

cp -ir /etc/skel/.* ~

It may be possible I guess to try to find and restore files with forensic tools? In any case if that is the goal you absolutely want to stop using the disk to be able to restore things. I can’t recommend procedures but I don’t think it is all lost yet.

With a typical Manjaro Xfce install, most of the steps you listed are not needed

Packages pulseaudio and pavucontrol are already installed by default in Xfce and there is no need to delete files in home and system folders and then reinstall the packages

Adding the additional PulseAudio module module-loopback might be helpful for certain use-cases
but I would not recommend using this module if I was not sure what it was needed for

Requesting a latency of 1mS for the loopback module is too low and Pulseaudio will ignore that option. Archiwiki documentation suggests using a value of 60 or 65mS – PulseAudio/Examples - ArchWiki