Can't change the keyboard layout from the one I used in installation

Hi,

When I made the installation I chose English (US, intl., with dead keys) as the keyboard layout without realizing that would make the apostrophe key to become primarily an accent key (´). I need it to be primarily an apostrophe and quotation marks key (as it normally is in an US keyboard), but changing the keyboard layout in the Region & Language section in Settings does nothing - when I use the option of graphically visualize any of the layouts they all look exactly the same (the way English (US, intl., with dead keys) is). I just want to use a regular English US keyboard layout, because as of right now writing apostrophe or quotation marks is a chore (I have to use Alt).

I figure that reinstalling the OS using English US as the keyboard layout could be a solution, but that sounds extremely inefficient time-wise. There’s got to be a simpler way.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

1 Like

wow, I have kinda the same problem, in my case, I want to use multiple languages, English + Persian. but my keyboard always writes English, even when the applet in the top-bar shows the language is set to IR (persian). I checked it in the gnome-setting (I said gnome cause the settings looks similar to the gnome settings and also wanted to emphasize that I didn’t mean the budgie setting) and any language I choose shows just the English letter when I click on show button.

the only way I could change my language was by changing the whole keyboard language under manjaro settings region and language. even after that I tucked with one language

what should I do? I recently reinstall my os and just keep the home partition from my previous one (the previous one was manjaro budgie too) maybe something is wrong in my .config s?