Cant boot win 10 after installing manjaro linux

I cannot boot win 10 after manjaro installation,when i try to boot it says "recovery your pc/device need to be repaired.the boot config data doesnt contain valid info of OS File:\boot\BCD.In boot os selection menu it shows that my win 10 is on Sda1 but i have my win 10 on Sda5.sorry for my bad english thank you.

You failed to follow dual boot installation instructions. There are numerous posts on the same topic in the forums, please use the forum search function to see if they are able to help you.

@calvous ?
OP wants to use windows bcd.

i have no idea what he uses at all.

Does Manjaro boot? Is secure boot turned off? Is Win10 bitlocker turned off?

Well, chances are you have to recover your Win10 installation. If you have to, the Manjaro installation will be gone. To reinstall Manjaro use the Microsoft DiskManager to shrink your partition to make space for Manjaro. Install Manjaro into this space (replace partition, select the grey empty space in the pre install graphic). Follow this. Or one of @gohlip solutions. Both should work.
I have to get to work now, sry.

1 Like

Sorry im new to forums thank you

Manjaro works fine but i cant boot my win 10.cant recover too,when i plug in my win 10 booted usb it says install valid disk.i rearange my pendrive in bias but no help.

Im new still learning.but i think i did a mistake before installing manjaro.before manjaro i was have win 7 and 10.my win 7 was default os,what i did was useing EasyBCD i delete win 7 and make win 10 as default and tap the skip boot menu checker.then i delete my win 7 disk from disk manager.
Then i boot manjaro on to the free space i created by deleting win 7.

:slightly_smiling_face:

I hope you did not delete your windows boot (possible)
But first try in Manjaro terminal
sudo os-prober
sudo update-grub

If that does not bring up windows (possible) at manjaro terminal, provide output of following commands.

efibootmgr -v
sudo parted -l
sudo blkid
findmnt -s
findmnt /boot/efi

note: ‘parted -l’ --> small ‘L’ and provide information of all disks.

Its ok i reinstall win 10 and i lost Manjaro :frowning:

Yes, that’s what happens when you reinstall Windows.
No worry, get Manjaro back this way.

Read completely (as in totally) the first post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.