Can't boot on manjaro 21.2.1 i3 minimal whereas I can boot on manjaro 21.2.1 xfce minimal edition

Ok thanks for your help @Mirdarthos !

1 Like

@Mirdarthos me again sorry to bother you
I have reinstalled the manjaro 21.2.1 xfce minimal edition because I boot on it normally and also because I wanted to spot some differencies between these 2 commands mount and efibootmgr

[manjaro /]# mount
/dev/sda5 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /boot/efi type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
sys on /sys type sysfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
efivarfs on /sys/firmware/efi/efivars type efivarfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=3956936k,nr_inodes=989234,mode=755,inode64)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,inode64)
run on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=755,inode64)
tmp on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,inode64)
overlay on /etc/resolv.conf type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/run/miso/sfs/livefs:/run/miso/sfs/mhwdfs:/run/miso/sfs/desktopfs:/run/miso/sfs/rootfs,upperdir=/run/miso/overlay_root/upper,workdir=/run/miso/overlay_root/work,index=off,xino=off)
[manjaro /]# efibootmgr 
BootCurrent: 0005
Timeout: 2 seconds
BootOrder: 0005,0004,0002,0000,0003
Boot0000* Manjaro
Boot0002* Windows Boot Manager
Boot0003* UEFI OS
Boot0004* UEFI: SanDisk
Boot0005* UEFI: SanDisk, Partition 2
[manjaro /]# 

I noticed a difference between the 2 on the working system I have:

/dev/sda1 on /boot/efi type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

and on the non working system I have:

/dev/sda7 on /boot/efi type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

Could you tell me what is the command to map /dev/sda1 --> /boot/efi currently it is /dev/sda7 → /boot/efi

Ok so my previous message doesn’t change anything to my problem
I sold a part of my problem by disabling the fastboot.

even if with fastboot disabled I can’t boot on the fresh install of the i3 version.
How ever I can’t boot normally on xfce and kde versions.
conclusion, I think the i3 version is broken in some way

Hi

I’ve also run into this same issue. New to linux & manjaro and was testing out various GUI versions of manjaro. Was able to fresh install gnome (21.2.2) no problem but after a fresh install of i3 (tried both 21.2.3 minimal and non-minimal versions ), I get met with a black screen.

I’ve been testing using QEMU on my intel MBP.

Anyway, this isn’t important to me but thought I would still comment to let the community know this might not be an isolated problem.