Can't boot manjaro iso wih Libreboot

Hi everyone.

I’m new to the forum, so please let me know if this is not proper place to put my question.

I’m having problem with booting Manjaro xfce 20.1 from the USB stick on the Lenovo ThinkPad T400 with libreboot installed. I have no problem with booting Arch or Mint from the same USB stick created in the same way as the Manjaro one (using dd option). I’m not able to give any more infromation, as the only visible behaviour is that each time I select booting from USB, libreboot takes me back to the main grub window, no error or anything. It makes me wonder what’s different about ISO images provided by Manjaro?

I can’t say for other systems - because I don’t know.

What I do know is that Manjaro ISO consist of an EFI boot partition usually located after the actual ISO content.

The ISO is using ISO9660 immutable filesystem and the partition holding the actual filesystem is ext4 formatted.

The ISO is build using a root filesystem with overlays and the root and desktop overlays is what is unpacked to the target system.

Other than that I think it is pretty ordinary - but due the structure you cannot unpack it and use it the way that some live systems do.

Tried burning the DVD but I encountered identical issue. So it seems there is no easy option to boot Manjaro installation media while using Libreboot. Will have to find another way.