Can't attach files with non-english encoded names via chromium-based browsers

Hi everyone!

Using just installed Manjaro 20.04 KDE, fully updated.
The problem is, I can't attach / upload files with non-English (Russian) names via chromium-based browsers. Tested Chrome, Chromium, Brave. I get "This file is 0 bytes, so it will not be attached" error.

Everything's fine when using Firefox. Searched the web for solutions, no luck. On the surface everything seems OK, I checked /etc/locale.conf and /etc/locale.gen, which look normal, switched my locale settings from English to Russian and back. Looks like my skills are not yet sufficient to diagnose the encoding issues on my own.

Below is the output of
/etc/locale.gen

en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
ru_RU.UTF-8 UTF-8

/etc/locale.conf
LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Please help.

Fixed (dirtily) by deleting the .kde folder and thus returning to default KDE settings. Was able to reliably reproduce the bug. Seem like a distro neutral KDE issue. Going to report it upstream (KDE).

Here is a similar problem: https://ask.fedoraproject.org/t/cant-attach-upload-files-in-google-chrome-recently-updated-to-f31/4030/26

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, that's the same (and the only) post I had also stumbled upon during my quick research that could be considered somewhat similar to my problem. I'll add this link to my bug report as a reference (if appropriate).

Forum kindly sponsored by