Cannot use Manjaro on my laptop without an external monitor

Hello,
I did a clean install of Manjaro on my dell latitute 7490 Today, but If I try to use my laptop without being connected to an external monitor, it freezes and it restarts. If I connect an external monitor, everything works well on my laptop and the external monitori. If I disonnect the monitor, my laptop freezes and restarts and then freezes as soon as the log on screen if I don’t plug back the monitor.
It is so weird that I can’t find the reason. I 'am using intel integrated graphic card.

Also, everytime I boot the computer, I have to startx.
I don’t have any other OS on my hardrive and I have installed open source drivers.

Hello,

Latitude is misspelled, but regardless, that model requires to add kernel options i915.enable_dc=0 and intel_idle.max_cstate=1 in the /etc/default/grub on the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX line
Some like this:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="quiet udev.log_priority=3 i915.enable_dc=0 intel_idle.max_cstate=1"

Then you run:
sudo update-grub

then you reboot the system.
I have seen an external topic where they added also add_efi_memmap in that cmdline …

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, it works, I can now use my laptop without any external monitor.
DO you know how I can have the log in screen interface by default ? Everytime I boot the computer I have to login in the terminal and then do a startx

Maybe this still applies? Look, he helped multiple times without trying! :grin:

From your profile description i see you are using Cinnamon. Is that still correct? Is the lightdm service enabled? Also this might help, if related to that issue

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, man !! :grin: The service lightdm was not running.
Now everything is working great thanks to you.

1 Like

Also, I don’t know how it is related to the activation of the service, but the system is way more responsive now. Before, opening just firefox on a cold boot could take 5-8 sec. Now, since I have enabled Lightfm, Firefox launch as soon as I click on the Icon.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.