Cannot suspend computer.

Hi, I had previously posted here about an issue I am having. I cannot resume my computer from suspend. I am running the latest NVIDIA driver (RTX 2070 card) and the Cinnamon desktop. At first I thought it was a bug with Cinnamon, but I found out that the solution that I had found had not fixed my issue. When I resume from suspend, I see my motherboard logo and I cannot switch to a TTY nor can I power off the system without a hard reset. For some reason, suspend occasionally works at random times. Any possible ideas?

EDIT: This actually seems to be an issue with my USB wifi dongle. When I unplug it, suspend works fine. Here is the device in lsusb

Bus 001 Device 018: ID 148f:5572 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5572 Wireless Adapter

In two weeks is the latest driver not the same you use :wink: now so, please post

$ inxi -Fxxxz

:slight_smile:

Did you check your log files?

Try updating your bios, and see if that fixes the issue.

I had a similar issue and @tbg's USB Restart Service worked for me.

2 Likes

TLDR: Checked out your solution and it fixed my problem completely

First off, my usb wifi was not my problem in any way. In reality, it was my USB hub that was the issue. I just followed your steps and used that USB instead. What had made me come to that conclusion was that my computer would EVENTUALLY suspend/reboot/shutdown (apparently this was an issue for all of the above) and I had thought that was because I pulled out the wifi dongle. Either way, your solution helped a lot. Thank you

I m-i-s-100 ! for you :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark