Cannot right click using mousepad - restart didn't solve

Any thoughts on how to make it so that I can right click using my mousepad? Also, I have to have the pad click, by exerting more pressure, in order for the computer to recognize I clicked. Is there a way to make the computer more sensitive so I don't have to smash the pad every time? Thank you!!

Can you post the output of inxi -Fxzc0 from terminal?
Please add three (```) minus the parentheses before and after the data for easier readability.

Which information do you want?

I'm unsure if that's a good idea, so I won't be posting that. If there's some specific specification you need, let me know.

Listen, that is the preferred way here for people asking for help to post the information about their system so that others can help. It's not a trick. As you can see that thread has over 500 posts. It's the easiest way to see what hardware someone has all at once instead of asking a million questions. But hey if that makes you uneasy I understand.

The only thing here that looks relevant, is HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw0xxx

OK fair enough. Put your self in my shoes. How am I supposed to help you trouble shoot a touchpad issue that may or may not be manjaro related with solely that information? For example that doesn't tell me how old your bios is. :man_shrugging:

Check your DE's mouse/touchpad settings [1].

Enable tap-to-click in your DE's mouse/touchpad settings [2].

This screenshot is from MATE. The mouse settings in other desktop environments will look different.

OK so we have different screens for these settings, but I messed around with the only thing I didn't touch yet. In mine there are three tabs: Devices, Behavior, and Theme. Under Devices, you can choose which device. I clicked the drop down expecting only to see one option, but there was two. I just needed to switch the device and play with those settings. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark