Can't update- can't resolve dependency issue

On Manjaro KDE edition, unstable, getting the following error when I try to update from command line (sudo pacman -Syu):

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing libcbor (0.10.1-1) breaks dependency ‘libcbor.so=0.9-64’ required by fwupd

trying in pamac (cli), I get this

Warning: installing libcbor (0.10.1-1) breaks dependency ‘libcbor.so=0.9-64’ required by fwupd
Add fwupd to remove
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:

• removing fwupd breaks dependency ‘fwupd’ required by kinfocenter

Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it?

Your package versions are not matching.

fwupd 1.8.8-1 requires libcbor.so=0.9-64 provided by libcor 0.9.0-1 (stable branch)
fwupd 1.8.9-2 requires libcbor.so=0.10-64 provided by libcor 0.10.1-1 (testing & unstable branch)

It sounds like you may have switched branches and did not follow all the instructions. Please see Switching Branches - Manjaro

2 Likes

Thank you for replying, but I have had that install on unstable branch for months at this point, no problems till now. After looking at the link you gave me I will try rebuilding the mirror list later tonight and will report back.

Thanks again!

Then the unsupported partial upgrade state you’re in is potentially due to outdated mirrors. See Pacman-mirrors - Manjaro

That fixed it! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.