Cannot play videos in any browser

This happened a few days ago so I went into Manjaro Settings and changed the video from open to proprietary. It happened again and I changed them back. Each time the videos started playing. Now I cannot change them any more and also cannot play any videos in any browser (Brave, Firefox, Opera). I can play movie files in movie player. I do not know how to output fancy reports without being told what to do.

I changed the kernel to an earlier LTS, the same. The video selected loads and a picture comes up, then the loading .gif displays and nothing happens. Same in other browsers.

Then I restored to a timeshift from several days ago and it’s all working. But what happens if I update and same thing happens again?

I don’t know that anyone can answer that; until it does.

You restored to an earlier timeshift backup, which solved the immediate problem for you, however, the information that might have helped diagnose those issues, no longer exists. :person_shrugging:

Oh! Well, I suppose I could go back to the same situation in order to find the problem, but I’d rather keep going. If this happens again though maybe I’ll be more patient and let the problem marinate longer until the reasons for it can be determined. Thank you for replying.

Same issue here

FIREFOX
In firefox, the inspector console says:

GET videoplayback?expire=… [HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden 1405ms]

The resource at “/generate_204” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly.

WEBGL_debug_renderer_info is deprecated in Firefox and will be removed. Please use RENDERER.

In the linux terminal is clean.

BRAVE:

The brave console only says:
The resource at “/generate_204” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly.

But in the linux terminal says:

Warning: loader_scanned_icd_add: Could not get ‘vkCreateInstance’ via ‘vk_icdGetInstanceProcAddr’ for ICD libGLX_nvidia.so.0
Warning: vkCreateInstance: Found no drivers!
Warning: vkCreateInstance failed with VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER
at CheckVkSuccessImpl (…/…/third_party/dawn/src/dawn/native/vulkan/VulkanError.cpp:101)
at CreateVkInstance (…/…/third_party/dawn/src/dawn/native/vulkan/BackendVk.cpp:493)
at Initialize (…/…/third_party/dawn/src/dawn/native/vulkan/BackendVk.cpp:379)
at Create (…/…/third_party/dawn/src/dawn/native/vulkan/BackendVk.cpp:301)
at operator() (…/…/third_party/dawn/src/dawn/native/vulkan/BackendVk.cpp:556)

VIVALDI:
The inspector console says:

In the linux terminal is clean.

OPERA:

The inspector console says:
The resource/generate_204 was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window’s load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate as value and it is preloaded intentionally.

Same thing when i try open a vimeo video or facebook on any of the browsers, instagram videos wors well

Neither OP nor the newcomer have provided any system information.

inxi -Fazy
mhwd -li -l

Might be good places to start.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.