System settings does not open

Hello
I can’t open the system settings. I think, but I’m not sure, that it may be due to some change I’ve made to themes, icons…
I am using the latest version of Manjaro with Budgie 10.6 desktop, Matcha-dark-sea theme (GTK2-3) and ePapirus-dark icons (GTK2-3).
I have read some posts about this same issue, but with the Gnome desktop.
Can you help me?

Hi @txerrenak,

Have you tied opening it from the terminal to see what the errors are? If not, do so. Please provide the output here.

First of all, thank you very much, Midarthos.
I did try. I looked for a “system*” command, but there was none. I installed an app called “system settings”, but it’s for Plasma, is there another command?

Just a guess, but try

budgie-control-center

I do not have this command. Anyway, the Budgie configuration does work, and so does the Manjaro Settings Manager. What doesn’t work is the System Settings.

Another random guess: try

gnome-control-center

Edit:

Also, I use KDE, so it’s probably not the same, but mine is:

systemsettings

So you could just try that.

:man_shrugging:

Yes, systemsettings opens the Plasma configuration, but not the system configuration.
Gnome-control-center fails:
(gnome-control-center:19953): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 11:48:05.115: Settings schema ‘org.gnome.shell.app-switcher’ is not installed
fish: Job 1, ‘gnome-control-center’ terminated by signal SIGTRAP (Trace or breakpoint trap)

Well, this seems to be it, but it means less than nothing to me. Except the sensation it gives me as it goes over my head is somewhat familiar…

SOLVED.
I executed “gsettings reset org.gnome.ControlCenter last-panel” and voilà! gnome-control-center was there again.
Thanks so much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.