Cannot install Broadcom 5.16 WL drivers?

So I’m new to the forums, I’ve recently attempted to update my Manjaro build to test out the latest experimental Linux Kernel (5.16) and found that upon boot, no wifi symbol would show, and no networks were detected.

I went into the MHWD and tried to manually install/reinstall the wifi driver. Unfortunately that’s as far as I could get because it cannot install the 5.16 Drivers because “error: target not found: linux516-broadcom-wl”

I’ve installed several experimental kernels in the past to see how they performed for me compared to the stables, and the worst that happened was a few crashes here and there, so this is a newer one for me.

Either I’m missing something here or the “linux516-broadcom-wl” driver doesn’t exist yet or my system cannot find it? I’ve looked up the issue in several places and I haven’t seen anyone with this particular issue.

[ravinggrob@Grob ~]$ sudo mhwd --install pci network-broadcom-wl
[sudo] password for ravinggrob: 
> Installing network-broadcom-wl...
Sourcing /etc/mhwd-x86_64.conf
Has lib32 support: true
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/network_drivers/broadcom-wl/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0200
Processing classid: 0280
Processing classid: 0282
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core downloading...
 extra downloading...
 community downloading...
 multilib downloading...
error: target not found: linux516-broadcom-wl
Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!

That package does not yet exist on the Stable branch.

Manjaro - Branch Compare

So you could switch branches

Switching Branches - Manjaro

Or you could use something like the DKMS/AUR package

Ah I see now, thank you very much. Didn’t know there was a comprehensive way to view the differences in the branches like that. I’d initially figured if they allowed us to switch to the Kernel in stable, (albeit with the experimental tag) that the same would be for the various drivers.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.