Newbie Here! Odd Behaviour Not Seen Before Using File Manager

So I formatted my eSata exterrnal drive and asked the file manager to copy a large amount of files as backups. I entered both drives as administrator and confirmed root access in the dialogue box header. On being commanded to transfer files was asked to enter root password. Every time I go upstairs to check how things are going the system appears to have stood still and again(?) requests admin password - even though both disks are in root access anyway. Also the files are transferring at abysmally low speeds (10 -12) mbs whereas using other linux distros they usually are between 80-122 mbs dependent on the content. Confused. Both drives are ext4 and they are a matched pair of 3tb drives running under sata2 speeds (usually).

Take ownership of the partitions, so you don’t go by root road.

1 Like

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

:innocent:

2 Likes