a newbie here. I messed up booting my laptop (Manajro Gnome that was installed 6 weeks ago or so, did not yet run system update).
It shows me this and hangs (just repeating the error message):
[FAILED]: Failed to start Authorization Manager (repeats every 30s or so)
If I boot in single user root mode (add single parameter in linux boot line) it shows me this and hangs:
You are in rescue mode. After logging in, type “journalctl -xb” …
Cannot open acces to console, the root account is locked.
See sulogin(8) man page for more details.
Press Enter to continue.
Reloading system manager configuration
Starting default target
Then it hangs
How I got into this:
- i tried to install epson L120 drivers using this link ( cannot add links), with these steps:
- cd /tmp
- git clone epson l120 link
- cd epson-inkjet-printer-201310w
- sudo pacman -U pkg.tar.xz
- step 4 makepkg failed with two errors messages. From another post I figured that I could solve it with installing base-devel
- during installing base-level I saw two error lines that my GLIB.c was out of date (I think 2.31 or so). This is possible because I did not update manjaro in the last weeks. I think that messed it up. After that I tried to run the graphical manjaro update manager, but it would not start. I restarted and ended up in the situation I am in now.
So I think It can be fixed by updating the GLIBC (by doing a system update with ‘sudo pacman -Syu’?)
- is that correct?
- if so, how do I do that if I cannot boot into my system ?
Please give explicit instructions, as you can see I am a newbie.