Cannot boot after Stable 2026-05-27 update

If I can tag on to this – please split this off if my question strays too far from the topic --one of my systems has only the /home partition encrypted. This issue is only for full disk encryption, right?

Otherwise, I am not sure what to do with the advice given on the 2026-05-27 Stable Update announcement.

I had already made the change to the HOOKS variable (switching from the udev style to systemd) in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf a few months ago, so that it reads:

HOOKS=(base systemd autodetect microcode modconf kms keyboard keymap sd-vconsole block filesystems fsck)

(note that there is no sd-encrypt/encrypt and I am prompted for the unlocking of my home directory after the GRUB splash screen but before the login-manager)

but checking cat /proc/cmdline gives

BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-6.6-x86_64 root=UUID=<UUID> rw quiet resume=UUID=<UUID>

Do I need to change the root=UUID, resume=UUID parameters to the rd.uuid-style somewhere?

The ArchWiki suggests that these are “at boot”

Two separate kernel parameters exist to unlock LUKS devices at boot.

which suggests that these parameters are for whole disk encryption and earlier in the boot process – hence not relevant to me. Is that right?