Brother HL-L2350DW Laser printer not seen by printing program

It is seen by the system (lsusb) but when I go to print there is no printer available. I installed the 2350 driver from Pamac and rebooted.

Try installing brother-hll2350dw from the AUR (Arch User Repository).

Did you try to add the printer manually in the printer settings?

Sorry, forgot to put that in the OP - yes I installed that.

EDIT: oops yes I did , only I just called it the 2350 driver…should have been more specific :slight_smile:

I went to Printer Settings “Configure Printers” and the box came up but nothing happened when I clicked on the ADD button, it’s like sorta greyed out.

Went back to Print settings and finally figured I needed to run the CUPS and then Publish Shared Printers to ON.

However, when I open the PDF dpcument to print, I get the simple message " Cannot Print" (paraphrased)

I went back to Print Settings to troubleshoot and while I got a page to feed through the printer it printed nothing, and the system produced an error TXT file when I checked “did not print conrrectly”, which is really long and means absolutely nothing to me hahaha!

I think, you need to unlock the editing functionality by entering your root/sudo password. You can do this by clicking the corresponding button in the top right corner of the printer settings window.

1 Like