Can not open any desktop applications

I recently installed some applications using pacman. The applications were, telegram, blender, inkscape, krita, vs code
Clicking on the icons of these apps does not do anything, so I tried running them from the command line but each one of them gave me a different error such as -

When I run Blender from command line, I get
blender: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_locale.so.1.80.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When I run Inkscape from command line, I get -
inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_filesystem.so.1.80.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When I run Telegram, I get -
telegram-desktop: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.72: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When I run Krita from the command line, I get -

Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.

(process:5663): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:00:07.336: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.7) with this library (5.15.5)
zsh: IOT instruction (core dumped)  krita

All boost-libs package version are the same on all branches, so that error means you are in a partial update state with the system, or you didn’t reboot the system after an update.

Same deal with icu
To make sure you are updated:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyu
Reboot the system

Check this

So, did you added that on your environment if using wayland session?

2 Likes

Can you tell me more about these boost-libs packages, I have been facing issues related to these packages (boost-libs and libicuuc.so) for the past month, I have tried many things, I have broken my previous manjaro install and reinstalled manjaro but now I am facing the same issues.
I also face a lot of issues with the pacman, sometimes it says about signature is not trusted, and sometimes it says invalid or corrupted package. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

I have tried both the solutions, The first solution, which says to rebuild the qt5-styleplugins (pamac build qt5-styleplugins) result in an error like -

Preparing...
Checking qt5-styleplugins dependencies...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

To install (7):
  pkgconf           1.8.0-1              core  59.0 kB
  m4                1.4.19-1             core  264.5 kB
  flex              2.6.4-3              core  304.4 kB
  debugedit         5.0-4                core  44.8 kB
  autoconf          2.71-1               core  660.7 kB
  bison             3.8.2-4              core  788.3 kB
  automake          1.16.5-1             core  627.5 kB
To build (1):
  qt5-styleplugins  5.0.0.20170311-32    AUR

Total download size: 2.7 MB
Total installed size: 8.4 MB

Edit build files : [e] 
Apply transaction ? [e/y/N] y

Error: Authentication failed

The second option, which says to uninstall the package tells me that it is not installed.

sudo pacman -R qt5-styleplugins

[quote="bogdancovaciu, post:2, topic:126411"]
Same deal with `icu` …
To make sure you are updated:
`sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyu`
Reboot the system
[/quote]

[sudo] password for tushgaurav: 
error: target not found: qt5-styleplugins

No, I have not added any environment, in fact it was a fresh manjaro install.

That must have been a password typo or something … hence it sopped there.

Use pamac or yay for AUR packages, not pacman.
if you want to remove that package, then
pamac remove qt5-styleplugins

Using the latest ISO? the reason i doubt that is due to Qt version mentioned here

You should at least have 5.15.6
So, after you installed the OS you performed no update, installed some software and ended up with partial updates due to mirrors. That’s my take.

Now, can you please do them properly in this order

and then

1 Like

I ran this command and all the packages started downloading but after they were finished downloading I get this -

libxshmfence-1.3.1-1-x86_64                                                    5.7 KiB  27.2 KiB/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
 qemu-desktop-7.1.0-10-x86_64                                                   5.1 KiB  24.1 KiB/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
 pambase-20221020-1-any                                                         3.1 KiB  15.1 KiB/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
 fuse-common-3.12.0-1-x86_64                                                    2.8 KiB  13.6 KiB/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
 ca-certificates-20220905-1-any                                                 2.0 KiB  10.1 KiB/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
 Total (464/464)                                                              344.1 MiB   549 KiB/s 10:42 [##############################################################] 100%
(492/492) checking keys in keyring                                                                        [##############################################################] 100%
(492/492) checking package integrity                                                                      [##############################################################] 100%
error: abseil-cpp: signature from "Massimiliano Torromeo <mtorromeo@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/abseil-cpp-20220623.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] 
error: tzdata: signature from "Andreas Radke <andyrtr@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/tzdata-2022f-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: iana-etc: signature from "Jelle van der Waa <jelle@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/iana-etc-20221025-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: glibc: signature from "Frederik Schwan <freswa@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/glibc-2.36-6-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: gcc-libs: signature from "Frederik Schwan <freswa@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gcc-libs-12.2.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: readline: signature from "Felix Yan <felixonmars@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/readline-8.2.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: acpid: signature from "Morten Linderud <foxboron@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/acpid-2.0.34-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: libjpeg-turbo: signature from "Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) <heftig@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libjpeg-turbo-2.1.4-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: libxau: signature from "Andreas Radke <andyrtr@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libxau-1.0.10-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: xcb-util-keysyms: signature from "Andreas Radke <andyrtr@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/xcb-util-keysyms-0.4.1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

There were hundreds of these Do you want to delete it? prompts, I pressed Y for all of them but at the end it gave me error -

error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

What should I do now?

You see, a lot of packages behind with the updates.

See from the improved version on Pacman troubleshooting - Manjaro

2 Likes