Can not interactively edit rpi4 booloader config

The following does not work on my system:

$ export EDITOR=nano
$ sudo -E rpi-eeprom-config --edit
usage: rpi-eeprom-config [-h] [--config CONFIG] [--out OUT] eeprom
rpi-eeprom-config: error: the following arguments are required: eeprom

Do others have this issue? Searches do not return much. Could be sudo or bash related, not sure. It works fine on RPi OS.

Hmm, it seems the issue is actually with rpi-eeprom-config. Executing it without passing a parameter, should return the current configuration. However, it returns the error above.

rpi-eeprom-config is a python script. And while I am far from an expert, I would say it is executing as intended. Which then begs the question, why does Manjaro use a different rpi-eeprom-config than found here?

We use their “Latest Release” (Current production bootloader and VLI EEPROM release); not their git. When they release their next then the rpi-eeprom-config file will change to whatever it is at that time.

https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-eeprom/releases/tag/v2020.09.03-138a1

I used the current RPI OS image to edit my bootloader config. I don’t know what version it was, but it worked as documented. The one we use requires an image file as a parameter.

But that’s fine. I am not asking for an upgrade. I just thought my system was bugged somehow because I was getting the error. And then I was surprised there was a difference.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.