Can I remove kde5 things now?

I think plasma 6 is independent with kernel, at least I do not customize plasma. ok stop here, It is a wrong to post here.

I think the topic has drifted off topic as it initially was kde related - now it is kernel - I suggest staying on topic.

The reason why the arch kernels is not in Manjaro official repo is a larger selection of kernels and because of that kernels are compiled at different point in time and libraries need to match.

You can do exactly what you want to do - you are the system administrator of the system.

If you choose to do - if something fails - donā€™t ask us why it doesnā€™t work - because in such case we have no idea.

When compiling your own stuff - it is recommended to move to the edge of Manjaro (unstable branch)

If you want to compile your kernel there is a topic explaining how - just search the forum compile kernel

I recommend adding -mtune=native to your ~/.makepkg.conf - if you donā€™t have it copy the /etc/makepkg.conf to ~/.makepkg.conf and edit that file

You can compile the zen kernel easily

sudo pacman -Syu base-devel
git clone https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/packaging/packages/linux-zen
cd linux-zen
makepkg -i

Thatā€™s really all there is to itā€¦

4 Likes

with plasma 6, we can remove all kf5 group

pacman -Qs | grep kf5    # or pacman -Qg | grep ^kf5
local/kdesu5 5.115.0-1 (kf5)
local/krunner5 5.115.0-1 (kf5)

krunner is already gone for testing and unstable branch.

I agree, this package is obsolete, at least for testing and unstable.

1 Like

Well ā€¦ sorta ā€¦ not really ā€¦

For example manjaro-settings-manager still relies on kauth5 and kcoreaddons5 and kitemodels5.

So for most users removing kf5 wholesale is not a viable option as of now.

They may use something like

sudo pacman -Ru kf5

which will selectively remove what it can.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.