Shortwave 1:1.1.1-6 does not build

With a recent update SHORTWAVE 1:1.1.1-6 does not build. “libhandy0” is required. Not available in the repos ?

la satisfaction des dépendances a échoué:
impossible de satisfaire la dépendance « libhandy0 » requise par shortwave

I uninstall it to try again but no go since it want to install the latest. I want to get back the previous version using downgrade but I cannot get it to work. It suggest to set a variable “set DOWNGRADE_FROM_ALA to 1” but that doesn’t work either. What the exact way to set that variable ?
TX

It’s been reported in the AUR comments. Use shortwave-git for now.

Hum, shortwave-git 1.1.1.r64.g20e39c6-3 doesn’t build either.

la satisfaction des dépendances a échoué:

• impossible de satisfaire la dépendance « libhandy-1.so » requise par shortwave-git
  • For now I install the flatpak version. Works fine.
    Tx

libhandy and libhandy0 will be in the next stable update, then you should have no issues.

Updating git repository `https://gitlab.gnome.org/haecker-felix/libhandy-rs.git`
error: failed to get `libhandy` as a dependency of package `shortwave v0.0.0 (/home/bmaxa/zfs/bmaxa_data/cache/yay/shortwave/src/Shortwave-1.1.1)`

I believe that it won’t build until developer makes changes to code that relies on unstable library api…

libhandy 1.0.0 is now stable and Shortwave builds fine from the latest commit with it.

Just checked, now it builds. Last time I checked it didn’t.

Was hoping you were right. Unfortunately libhandy0 is still not in the Manjaro stable repos after the most recent stable update.

Oh, I thought GNOME 3.38.1 was going to be in yesterday’s stable update. :man_shrugging:

nstalling data/de.haeckerfelix.Shortwave.desktop to /home/bmaxa/zfs/bmaxa_data/cache/yay/shortwave/pkg/shortwave/usr/share/applications
FAILED: meson-install 
/usr/bin/meson install --no-rebuild
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...
error making: shortwave

and

nstalling data/de.haeckerfelix.Shortwave.desktop to /home/bmaxa/projects/shortwave-git/pkg/shortwave-git/usr/share/applications
/home/bmaxa/projects/shortwave-git/PKGBUILD: line 31: 477656 Killed                  DESTDIR="$pkgdir" meson install -C build
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...
makepkg  2.89s user 1.46s system 71% cpu 6.071 total

I just built shortwave-git just fine in a clean chroot. Something is wrong on your end, though I’m not sure what.

builds fine, problem is with meson install

Then something is wrong with your Meson installation. Again, I can’t reproduce the issue.

seems that it is broken after python 3.9 upgrade. Not just that.

Maybe you need to rebuild your Python AUR packages, but that shouldn’t be related to Meson.

seems that setup.py is broken, non of python packages install including protontricks :frowning:

Meson uses Python, so you definitely have a Python problem. I would open a new thread including detailed errors.

It happened that python triggered zfs bug and that it is just coincidence. I use zfs-git :wink:
Just checked logs in zfs and look what I saw :wink:
dmesg also telled null pointer dereference in kernel :wink: