Buzzing sound after last update

How to get rid of buzzing sound while using headphones on, for example, Acer Aspire E5-771G (Intel)?
Solution:
In /etc/tlp.conf set SOUND_POWER_SAVE_ON_AC=0 and, if you have to, SOUND_POWER_SAVE_ON_BAT=0 also. No idea how much it affects battery life, though.

2 Likes

They have not been updated in years. Unless someone wants to rebase them, they’ll probably be dropped from the repos at least for now.

There’a related issue open:

:warning: Downgrading packages will almost always leave you in an unsupported partial upgrade state. Especially a package like libsrvg that a lot of other packages depend on.

1 Like

Hello,

Had a small issue: Laptop ASUS N71j

buzzing sound while using headphones (I have aux unit plugged in headphones jack).

Same as @maxf . Was able to resolve with his solution. In /etc/tlp.conf

Just don’t forget to reboot. That worked for me.

P.S. I also observed the following:
When I open volume control audio mixer the buzzing stops.
Also when listening audio no buzzing is present.

@maxf
Now that someone confirmed that your solution works, I’m going to edit It’s been edited into the wiki.

However, could you do me a favour and:

• edit your question by pressing the 3 dots and the pencil icon
  • make it into a real question
  • cut and paste the solution into a reply to your own question
  • click the 3 dots below your own answer to mark a solution like this:
    Solution
    so that you get some extra credits as your “question” will now be in the Solved status.

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I know that downgrading certain packages is a recipe for disaster long-term.
Thought Vertex-Maia-Icons will be updated pretty soon, but now that I know they will most likely be dropped from the repos, I will go for a different icon-theme and update libsrvg.
Thanks for the info @Yochanan !

1 Like

Solution:

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.