BUG: Libreoffice icons go black when I open libreoffice from xfce4-panel or whiskers menu

Hi,

I use libreoffice-still, but some the icons theme (even some of the default ones) are not visualized correctly.

That's how looks the elementary theme:

That's the tango theme

The office 2013 theme looks like this

Some icons appears with a black background, that is not in the aspect of the icon theme.

Update this doesn't work

Open LibreOffice and select Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View.
Do you have the option Use OpenGL for all rendering (under Graphics Output) enabled/checked?
If that's the case, uncheck/disable the option and restart LibreOffice.

OpenGL is disabled, and even if I wanted to use it, I can't, because it don't make me able to see any icons or text in the libreoffice menus

Update 2: running libreoffice with sudo rights does not create the issue
I've tried to delete the libreoffice folder from /home/.conf, but nothing, with my user the problem persists

Same problem with libreoffice-fresh

Update 3: the problem is only when I open libreoffice from whiskers menu or from the xfce4-panel

If I open directly the symlink from /usr/share/applications , there is no problem

I wanna try to do a bash script to open directly the symlink into the folder
/usr/lib/libreoffice/share/xdg/ , but I don't know how write it, does someone help me?

This doesn't work

#!/bin/bash

cd /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/xdg/ && exo-open startcenter.desktop | grep 'prova' | pager
foo | perl -ne 'print'

The icons are still broken

This also doesn't work

#!/bin/bash

cd "$(/usr/lib/libreoffice/share/xdg/startcenter.desktop "$(realpath "$0")")" && exo-open /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/xdg/startcenter.desktop | grep 'prova' | pager
foo | perl -ne 'print'

Ok, if I open the symlink from the xfce-desktop the icons were shown correctly.
If I open libreoffice from the terminal, the problem persist.

So, it's a bug related to the xfce, no way

Any ideas about to solve it?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by