System drive seems to not spindown when shutting down

I’m not quite sure where to put this topicwise. I’m new to Manjaro. I’m using it with the community Mate edition. My problem is that the shutdown process seems to happen too quickly. It takes only 2-3 seconds from pushing the button to powering off. My internal HDD makes a clicking sound when that occurs. I’m missing the typical spindown sound of the drive. So I’m afraid it might just cut the power off before the drive shuts down properly. Where can I check whether this is actually happening or not? And if so, what can I do about it? Thanks in advance!

You configured it to initiate the shutdown sequence upon button press? (I.e, you’re not forcing it to cut power?)

What happens if you shutdown by manually invoking systemctl halt? Same speed? Same sounds?

I didn’t configure anything I’m talking about entering the start menu, clicking shutdown button, shutdown button. :slight_smile: So no, I didn’t configure it to cut power. Cutting power is just the very last step in the normal shutdown process I guess. It just took my old computer a little longer and I could hear the HDD spinning down, which is not the case with the new computer, even though it’s the exact same HDD model.
When typing that into the console the screen turns black in about 3 seconds. But I can still hear the HDD for about 5 seconds longer. So it’s not the same.
Is it worth checking any log files?