Brother printer not seen by the OS

Yeah, I mean installing a driver doesn’t actually install the printer into the system. You need to install it for it to be available, in the Print Settings tool provided in Manjaro (where the icon is not confusing it is an unlocked padlock with text besides it saying “unlock”… to… unlock the settings and add the printer). You can also do that in KDE settings for KDE desktop in a few clicks, pretty sure there are other tools in other desktop environments too.

PS: @pax-eterna don’t set your title as solved, use the big button you see on every post to mark the solution.

ok thanks…there wasn’t really one specific post tbh, they all had tips and suggested searches…the one I found (due to the others posted above I might add) was the one that solved it. Hence just making the general solved comment at the top.

Click the button. It is on every post, it says “Solution”, click it, on the post solving your thread.

Also, the information is there, if you look for it Printing - Manjaro

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.