Brother HL-B2000D PRINTER

HI,
I purchased HL-B200D brother printer, when I plug it in, Manjaro installs it as generic text printer and if I try to print anything it just comes out as blank page from the printer. Can anyone please help with it? I did look at the brother website, and they have only deb or rpm drivers and no source files. Can I use deb or rpm on Manjaro ?

Yes, you should use the deb or rpm driver provided by the manufacturer. In order to make your printer work on Manjaro, firstly you need to create a package converted from the original deb or rpm, then you should install it and make some configurations. You can make a PKGBUILD file based on some similar models stored in AUR, and do several patches according to the situations. Recently, I have made my printer Brother DCP-T420W works on Manjaro Linux in the same way. The reference pacakge is brother-dcp-t520w obtained from AUR, and the configuration tool I’m using is the system-config-printer.

Take a look here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Packaging_Brother_printer_drivers

General printer information:

And then there is this possible solution - saving you from building or modifying an existing PKGBUILD:

CUPS/Printer-specific problems - ArchWiki

Get the rpm version of the driver from brothers website - this for example:

Downloads | HL-B2000D | India | Brother

and follow the steps outlined in the first link, extracting the rpm, moving it to the correct directories and so on …