Brave does not save a file into selected directory

I’m using Brave “Version 1.38.115 Chromium: 101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) (64-bit)” installed from the stable repo and I have a problem that I cannot save files (downloads) into selected directory. Brave reports no problem but file is not downloaded. I’m sure the dir permissions are OK

location is ~/tmp/logs:
drwxrwxr-x 17 myuser myuser 4096 19. kvě 08.16 tmp
drwxrwxr-x 3 myuser myuser 4096 19. kvě 11.25 logs

I hit it twice so far:
first time I managed to download it into ~/tmp
second time it did not work neither but my home directory worked

Any idea what might be wrong?

Apparently this is not a Brave issue. Chrome has the same issue. Interesting is that I was not able to reproduce it with FireFox.

Brave and FF were installed from Manjoro stable repo, Chrome was compiled by me. Each browser is in the latest version.

Another observation: if I save the file into the directory which is offered by saving dialog then it works OK. If I navigate to some other dir then it doe snot work in most of the cases.

It seems lie to be some file system permission problem but from if I compared two dirs I could not see any difference.

Chromium / Google Chrome cannot save files to most folders (GNOME and Xfce)

This is an upstream bug with the package xdg-desktop-portal-gnome

In the meantime, you can try to remove the package xdg-desktop-portal-gnome (if feasible, without any dependency issues or conflicts), or wait for the bug to be fixed upstream.

Without any xdg-desktop-portal-* packages, Chromium and Google Chrome should correctly detect the environment and present either KDialog (KDE) or GTK file picker (GNOME, Xfce) upon saving and downloading files.

An alternative workaround, for now, is to intentionally click on the filename field, and then press Enter to save / download the file.

…it would be a smart move to read the update announcements.

Thanks and sorry I missed the “Known issues and solutions” section in the announcement.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.