Boot stuck at "A start job is running for LiveMedia MHWD..." - Intel i7 1165G7 Iris Xe

I got a new Tuxedo InfinityBook Pro 14 Gen6 with Intel i7 1165G7 Iris Xe and wanted to install the latest Manjaro KDE (21.2pre1-20211119-linux515). The iso on the USB drive is perfectly fine (hash is confirmed and booting works just fine on older hardware).

On the new laptop the booting looks fine initially but soon gets stuck at “A start job is running for LiveMedia MHWD Script...”. I tried changing almost everything in the Grub boot loader (using ‘e’ to edit some options) - unfortunately, no luck at all :woozy_face:

Any idea what I might be doing wrong to get it boot past the script into the desktop?

Can you try the latest stable version of Manjaro ?
This is 21.1.6.

Thanks for the reply - but where could I get version 21.1.6? I was downloading the KDE Plasma version at manjaro.org/download/ which offers version 21.2pre1. I also check the KDE archive linked just below but couldn’t find a version 21.1.6.

You can download the latest version here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarolinux/files/

I just checked it. The official Manjaro download page currently offers Manjaro KDE 21.1.6 - 211017 - Linux 5.13 again. At least that’s what the tooltip tells me when I hover over the download link.

Many thanks for your help!

I can confirm that the official stable download was rolled back (I had to hard reload the webpage to see it; i.e. clearing the browser cache). But with the old version from Oct. everything looks fine now and I can finally boot up from the USB stick.

1 Like