Not able to turn on hotspot in KDE Plasma - Connection 'hotspot-name' is not available on device wlp0s20f3 because device is not available

Hello, I installed Manjaro KDE Plasma two days ago and have been using the Hotspot on it easily for the past few days. When I tried turning it on today, it didn’t turn on and showed the following error every time I tried :

Connection 'yo' is not available on device wlp0s20f3 because device is not available

I have tried searching for a solution but couldn’t find one. If anyone could help me with this, please let me know.

Thanks

even though it used to work could mean a lose connection of the wifi card or that you accidentally turned it off. Some computers have a hardware switch to do that.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the reply! But I don’t have a WiFi card to turn on the hotspot. I am using a Wired Connection, which is working just fine, but I’m unable to turn on the hotspot, to get internet on my phone.

To this day, the term “Hotspot” always meant some kind of wireless connection to me.
Apparently that is not so and I misunderstood you.

I then have no idea what the problem might be.

is a wireless device

Assuming you are creating the hotspot on a wifi adaptor on a USB connector, try plugging it into a different USB port.

Th NM Hotspot never really worked consistently for me.

I use linux-wifi-hotspot from AUR, it just works.