Cannot get Fingerprint to work with Ideapad S540 14-IWL Touch

My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad S540 14-IWL Touch.
My problem is that I cannot get fingerprinting to work. For those who do not know, a finger print scanner is integrated in this laptop.
I see no software (that’s built-in) that would let me configure the fingerprint. I am new to Manjaro, and have installed the Cinnamon edition (because I used to use LinuxMint before, but found the updates to be rather lacking…)

Have you testing " fprintd"?

Impossible to enroll: I get this error: GDBus.Error:net.reactivated.Fprint.Error.NoSuchDevice: No devices available

You need to understand that Lenovo isn’t officially supporting Linux on your device.
While Linux is nowadays making a good job to support a lot of devices - even if the device is not officially supported from the manufacturer - that doesn’t mean everything is working out of the box.

Regarding the fingerprint reader it certainly requires a specific driver. Since Lenovo doesn’t support linux on your device, they don’t provide that Linux driver. That means your only chance to get the fingerprint reader working, is if someone from the community (ie. an volunteer) wrote that driver. If that is the case, you have to find out by searching the internet.

Feel free to post any links you find here. We can then work on them together.

Thanks.