Boost.Python error in job "bootloader" while installing Manjaro XFCE

I was using a dual boot of Windows 10 and Pop OS and decided to install Manjaro over the Pop OS partition. During installation, however, I ran into an error which I need help with.

I can’t embed images or any links to the post for some reason so I have typed out the error by hand that I get in the error dialogue box:

Installation Failed

Boost.Python error in job “bootloader”.

Command ‘grub-install --target=x86_-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=Manjaro --force’ returned non-zero exit status 1.
Installing for x86_64-efi platform. grub-install: error: cannot copy /boot/grub/x86_64-efi/core.efi'to /boot/efi/EFI/Manjaro/grubx64.efi’: No space left on device.

Traceback:

File “/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py”, line 476, in run prepare_bootloader(fw_type)

File “/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py”. line 448, in prepare_bootloader install_grub(efi_directory, fw_type)

File “/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py”, line 310, in install_grub check_target_env_call([libcalamares.job.configuration[“grubInstall”],

File " < string >",line 5, in < module >

There are no spaces in the last line but I had to add them because the quotes were making the words inside the brackets disappear. I apologise for that.

I am a newbie so I don’t understand what’s wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Hi and welcome! :wave:

Isn’t this message obvious? Your boot partition is too small… :upside_down_face:

No space → no data can be written…

Haha I understand that, but I don’t know how to go about clearing the folder to make space. For starters, I don’t even know where the folder is located for sure. And I don’t want to delete any files that are important.

can you provide
form terminal

inxi -Fxza
sudo parted -l
df -Th

Before installation,open Gparted to see if there is an exclamation mark on the boot partition ,if there is ,you have to install “dosfstools,mtools” for manjaro live-cd .
在安装之前,先打开 gparted 检查下引导分区 是否有个 叹号,有的话说明系统无法识别引导分区,得给先给manjaro 系统安装 “dosfstools,mtools” .
安装这两个得联网,然后打开“添加/删除软件”刷新镜像列表,刷新数据库,然后搜索安装 “dosfstools,mtools” 。