(BOOST.PYTHON 'BOOTLOADER' I cant install Manjaro LXDE 20.2.1

Hello,im trying to install the Manjaro LXDE 20.2.1 and i cant,it drops an error after the 50% of installation and shows this text:

(the error its in spanish,i translated it with my poor english skills,sorry if something isnt correct)

Error on the instalation

Error Boost.Python at the job ‘bootloader’

Command ‘grub-install --target=x86_x64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=Manjaro --force’ returned non-zero exit status 1.

Traceback:

File ‘’/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py’', line 476, in run prepare_bootloader(fw_type)

File ‘’/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py’', line 448, in prepare_bootloader install_grub(efi_directory, fw type)

File ‘’/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py’’ line 310, in install_grub check_target_env_call(libcalamares.job.configuration[‘‘grubInstall’’],

File ‘’‘’,line 5 in

some help? im trying to install aproximately from the 11:00 A.M. and i cant because of that error,ive done things like boot again the USB,upgrade the grub but after the upgrading i cant continue to install and i select the manual partition tool at the nibia instalator (its the unique option upgraded,not upgrade shows more options ) and i select the HDD partition i cant continue,and if isnt upgraded i cant finish the instalation,but it shows that there its the system,but,it doesnt boot the system when i reboot

HELP!

Im really new at linux,i dont know what to do or anything i just know to paste codes at the terminal

I’m not sure where you found the ISO, but both the LXDE and LXQT community editions are discontinued and unmaintained.

@linux-aarhus was the most recent maintainer, however he has since retired.

A friend give me this link because i have a old PC,but i have no problem with it (he told me to use this cuz its the better for my PC)

You might try @Jim.B’s LXQT custom ISO:

1 Like

i will try that one,thanks

You have installed an efi system to a mbr partitioned disk

Oh my god! thank you! im gonna try search the same but in MBR

How do i know what are the MBR and the EFI iso’s?

They can do both - depends on the system - if you want to ensure MBR - you need to disable efi in the firmware.

And I realize my phrasing in above comment needs a little clarification.

You cannot install an efi system to mbr disk - because efi uses gpt. Most bios/mbr systems can use bios/gpt which in calamares must be done by creating a 8mb unformatted partition flagged as bios-boot.

Technically it is setting the partition type to EF02 which is designated the bootloader - the same function as mbr was back in time.

Calamares installer must be told to install in bios/gpt mode and since this is a relatively small number of systems - efforts are put into the efi installer proceedings.

how do i do that? ;-;