Blurry/jagged small-sized text and icon

Hi,

I just bought a new hp 15.6 laptop with full HD and installed the latest Manjaro KDE plasma. The first thing I noticed is that the resolution does not have 1920x1080 so I have to manually add the resolution through xrandr. However, when changed to 1920x1080 the fonts and icons become blurry/jagged and unreadable. I have tried to modify the ~/.config/fontconfig/font.config file by adding antialias, rgba, lcddefault, hinting and hintsyle, but it does not help.

This is really disturbing since even my old 15.6 laptop with Manjaro KDE never had this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: typos

Hi and welcome,

We can’t guess the specifications and what drivers needs and what you installed, so please follow How to provide good information and share it with us.

So which is it?

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

1. The laptop is HP 15-dy2018ca (natural silver) i5-1135G7, 8G RAM, 512G SSD. The hardware config under KDE settings show that I have installed (botton checked) video-linux for TigerLake-LP GT2 (Iris Xe Graphics).

2. “It does not help” is the correct one. The other is a typo and I have edited. Sorry for the confusion.

The product description doesn’t list 1920x1080 as the screen’s resolution (HP Laptop 15-dy2018ca | HP®Canada) but 1366x768.

1 Like

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

Thanks for the clarification. I falsely assumed that all 15.6 inches laptops are Full HD.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.