bluetooth.service not start in ArchLinux

For days now I have been trying to solve a bluetooth.service error, once installed:

  • bluez

  • bluez-tools
    and enabled with:
    sudo systemctl enable bluetooth.service
    and started with:
    sudo systemctl start bluetooth.service
    Blueman is also installed to have a graphical interface, but once started it gives me the following error:

             Bluetooth connection failed
    

The Bluez daemon is not running, blueman-manager cannot continue.
This probably means that no Bluetooth adapter has been detected or that the Bluetooth daemon has not been started.

So since I installed the Stacer tool I tried to enable it in the services section, I noticed that the Bluetooth service is enabled, but not started.
The strangest thing is that trying to start it with Stacer does not make me start it, it is as if it stops itself.

Help me, please!

Check if this helps. If not, the referenced Arch article might.

Welcome to the Manjaro forum by the way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks very much, this is the Solution!!!!

one last thing, every time i restart the computer i have to repeat this operation, is there a way to fix it ??

I think it will stay fixed, but in case it doesn't, the Arch Wiki Bluetooth article has a section on Auto power-on after boot and there is an article on Kernel modules that has a section on manual module handling with some information on how to load kernel modules at boot.

It's a little bit to read, but if you grab a coffee and take it as a timeout it has a lot of good info :slight_smile:

2 Likes

title edited to remove the leading+trailing exclamation marks

2 Likes

Perhaps discourse will develop a plugin to automatically delist threads using all caps and multiple exclamation marks in the title. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks you very much! :grinning: I will read it, I will keep you updated

1 Like

I found the solution:

cd /etc/modprobe.d/

in this folder there is a file called "blacklist.conf", and inside this file it was written:

disable btrtl
disable btintel
disable btbcm
disable btusb

I SOLVED BY DELETING THE NAMES WITHIN THE BLACKLIST.CON, AND CONFIGURING IN THE FOLLOWING PATH:
/etc/bluetooth/main.conf
TO THE POLICY SECTION:

AutoEnable defines option to enable all controllers when they are

found.

This includes adapters present on start as well as adapters that are plugged

in later on. Defaults to 'false'.

AutoEnable = true

Forum kindly sponsored by