Bluetooth heaphones microphone not detected

Hi everyone,

I just bought some new headphones (Bang & Olufsen Beoplay E8) which I connected to my computer in bluetooth. This is working just fine for listening to music. However when joining online meetings, my microphone is not detected and I can therefore not use those headphones. I had the same issue with my SONY heaphones (1000-XM4) but I never managed to solve it.

I am on MANJARO GNOME running Kernel 5.4.108-1.

Does anyone have an idea where to start to get this up and running? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to reading your inputs.

/Thibaut

If it does not happen automatically, try manually changing the output profile to HSP/HFP in the sound settings.

The sound playback quality will be noticeably worse though. So while you don’t need the mic, I would switch it back to A2DP

Thank you for your speedy reply.
This indeed solves the issue. Is there an alternative to this were I can benefit from the high sound quality together with the microphone ? ^^

That’s indeed a bit of a hassle on linux.
I did not come across a proper solution so far which offers both, good sound and microphone input at the same time without switching profiles/codecs.

You might be able to automate the switching though:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth_headset#Switch_between_HSP/HFP_and_A2DP_setting

I assume you use pulseaudio…

1 Like

Thanks a lot. These are still the little things that annoy me on Linux. But the other benefits definitely make up for it.
I will mark both your posts as the solution and close the topic.

Thank you very much !

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.