Bluetooth Headset keeps disconnecting

I have a Miniso wireless earphone. It keeps disconnecting when:

• going to Audio settings (when changing something or just browsing around, not very frequent)
  • changing the audio profile on the System tray (switching between A2DP and HSP), and
  • after recording with vokoscreenNG (when the headset was used for input)

The headset works perfectly fine for music playing and long calls. It’s just annoying when switching audio profiles, cos it takes time to reconnect the headset. It seems like the headset doesn’t recognize immediately that it got disconnected when the problem occurs. Supposedly, when the headset is disconnected properly it will alert right away, but that does not happen when it disconnects randomly.

● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; preset: disabled)
     Active: active (running) since Sat 2023-01-14 22:29:35 PST; 1h 51min ago
       Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
   Main PID: 562 (bluetoothd)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 8841)
     Memory: 2.9M
        CPU: 238ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
             └─562 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

Jan 15 00:04:04 snich-20369 bluetoothd[562]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.50 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink/opus_05_duplex
Jan 15 00:04:04 snich-20369 bluetoothd[562]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.50 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource/opus_05_duplex
Jan 15 00:04:06 snich-20369 bluetoothd[562]: src/profile.c:record_cb() Unable to get Hands-Free Voice gateway SDP record: Connection refused
Jan 15 00:04:11 snich-20369 bluetoothd[562]: profiles/audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_connect_cb() connect to 41:42:CC:41:0D:45: Host is down (112)
J

This problem is related to my previous post. I have the same problem with this post. I had both PulseAudio and Pipewire running. I removed PulseAudio, but the problem still persists. I read in another post that downgrading the kernel fixed the issue because of a bug, but I haven’t tried that yet.

My system:

• Manjaro KDE Plasma 5.26.4
  • Kernel: 5.15.85-1-MANJARO

If you use a USB BT dongle, or if is power managed by TLP, you might want to check that as mentioned here for a mouse…