Blue yeti microphone not taking input

So, I uninstalled my NVIDIA graphics and I couldn’t get the screen to show again. So I had to completely reinstall Manjaro’s OS and this time I didn’t install any NVIDIA drivers and bam, working fine. Apparently it’s something with the NVIDIA drivers. No clue what but I’m gonna steer clear from them for now, despite having a NVIDIA GPU. Anyways, just in case any else has the problem I had with the whole no screen input / blank screen thing, do you have any idea how you’re meant to fix that? I know you aren’t just meant to reinstall the entire OS but I did it since I didn’t have a whole bunch on my system as I just installed it today anyways. Apart from that, do you know why NVIDIA would/could be causing such issues?

Oh, and lastly, how would I go about making that loop like you said, I’m pretty interested in being able to use my mic on multiple applications at once.

Looks for me that you deleted all modules, but the configs stayed. Therefore according to configs xorg tries to load the nvidia driver, but can’t, because it is not there. Result: blackscreen.

Solution: delete the configs, which contains “NVIDIA” in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ and if there: /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf

Pretty easy:

export virtual0="virtual_speaker"
export virtual1="virtual_mic"

pactl load-module module-null-sink \
sink_name="$virtual0" \
sink_properties=device.description="$virtual0"

pactl load-module module-remap-source \
master="$virtual0.monitor" \
source_name="$virtual1" \
source_properties=device.description="$virtual1"

unload with

pactl unload-module module-remap-source
pactl unload-module module-null-sink

Just choose in pavucontrol under Recording at “Remapped Stream” the hardware source. You can have a virtual mic for each application :slight_smile:

But keep in mind… this is only temporary. After reboot or restarting pulseaudio it is gone.

System: Gigabyte Z87-OCX 4th Gen Haswell i-7 ; 32 GB Ram Corsair Ripjaws; Nvidia 760 RTX

Hello - I’m having a similar problem here. I purchased the same Yeti Nano microphone at Best Buy today. I was able to get in working correctly in windows Kdenlive. On the Sound icon, I had to set the default to use my laptop speakers. BUT in Manjaro, I had to select Volume control/input devices and then select the option for “yeti…” (name brand) This will activate the microphone to work with Kdenlive to capture voiceover. But I can only hear what was produced when I unplug the device. How can I fix this? Whats the setting? It will work fine with a cheapy microphone.

ANyone ? I got it to work briefly but don’t understand why the settings change themselves without my fiddling with it. On Setting and volume pane in the input tab, i select Digital input (IEC958)
Then on the bottom, Yeti Nano Analog Stereo is selected Port: to Microphone…
Then it all seems to work correctly…But why does it change? Anyone ?