Blackscreen after sleep after update to 450xx driver

Hello. I’m running Manjaro with KDE Plasma on a System76 Oryx Pro 6. A little while after the last update in stable, I updated the Nvidia driver from video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime to 450xx. I did this in the Hardware Configuration GUI and I needed to do this because my installation of OBS studio needed the updated driver.

After I did this, Plasma Shell appeared to crash. I was able to move into tty but when I tried to restart Plasma I got the following error:

qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: wayland-org.kde.kwin.qpa, eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

I’ve already tried to reinstall libxcb at the recommendation of another thread, but that didn’t work. I"ve also moved to testing for the off chance that updating the kernels and headers would help, but it doesn’t. This behavior also occurs in linux5.4, 5.7, and 5.8. EDIT: I should add that this only happens when optimus is switched to Nvidia.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Does the X server start up without problems?

additionaly how did you try to restart plasma?

According to the existing thread: Black screen when resuming from suspend reverting to 440 would be the best but otherwise OBS doesn’t work at all?

There are lots of threads if you search for black screen suspend about it already, you can try and dig for some solution or …

It seems to be. When I enter “xinit” part of what I get back is “_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreatedListener: Socket CreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeA11COTSServerListeners: server already running.”

Sorry about my ignorance. Is there a better way to check if X is running?

Ah, thanks. This thread wasn’t up when I last checked, but this does seem to be the problem. Unfortunately I need the 450xx drivers for now so my only option might be to just not let my machine sleep until the bugs are worked out.